Quincy | Chicago
Phone: (217) 224-2555
Fax: (217) 224-2569
Chris focuses his legal practice on the representation of businesses. He represents entities of all types and sizes, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and sole proprietors in all aspects of business law, from startup to sale.
Prior to joining Goehl, Schuering, Cassens & Bier, Chris worked as lawyer in the Chicago office of Lord, Bissell & Brook, now known as Locke Lord LLP. At Lord Bissell, Chris was part of the litigation practice group, where he represented Lloyd’s of London and other London Market Insurers in insurance coverage litigation. He continues to handle civil litigation matters.
- Business Law: Chris represents business of all types and sizes, from new startups to established companies including an entity ranked in the top 2000 in Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 5000 fastest growing private companies, a company Chris has represented since shortly after it was founded. Chris handles business organizations, contract review and negotiation, asset and stock sales, employee and labor law issues, regulatory matters, and all daily issues that arise in the operation of a business.
- Energy Law: for over a decade Chris has represented retail energy suppliers, assisting them in all aspects of the retail energy supply business. He has assisted startups as they enter the industry and worked on asset and stock sales. He has also negotiated supply agreements with wholesale suppliers, including the associated credit facility agreements. Chris has assisted with retail energy supply licensing applications and renewals, compliance reporting, contract preparation and revision, as well as all daily operational issues faced by a retail energy supplier.
- Banking Law: Chris represents and advises banks and financial institutions in all areas of law including foreclosures, regulatory matters, lending issues, collections and other debtor and creditor matters. Chris also represents Fannie Mae (the Federal National Mortgage Association).
- Real Estate: Chris represents buyers and sellers, including businesses and families, in both residential and commercial real estate transactions. He also represents landlords. Chris negotiates and drafts purchase agreements and leases for his clients on a regular basis, and frequently handles real estate closings.
- Litigation: Chris continues to handle civil litigation involving all types of disputes, including contract issues, business disputes, foreclosures, insurance coverage litigation, employment disputes, injury cases, and various other types of civil trials.
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois, 1996
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing, University of Notre Dame, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois