225 W. Washington, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: (312) 741-0955
David focuses his practice in estate planning, real estate and construction law, corporate law, and commercial litigation. He believes in a personal approach to the law, connecting with clients, understanding their goals, taking on their problems as his own, and ultimately formulating the best approach to resolve those problems and reach those goals.
- Estate Planning – David enjoys assisting families plan for the future by putting estate plans in place that work for them and keep their particular family needs in mind. Whether you are a millionaire considering tax consequences or a parent seeking to ensure your children are protected, David knows there is an estate plan that is right for you. He will work with you to understand your personal goals and needs.
- Construction Law – David represents owners, architects, contractors, and subcontractors in legal matters pertaining to construction and design. Whether it is drafting construction contracts at the outset of a project to minimize the likelihood of litigation, helping resolve disputes that arise during construction, or representing parties in litigation, David has experience from the start of the project through completion. David frequently represents clients in matters involving construction defects, property damage, breaches of contract, delays and mechanics liens, among other issues.
- Commercial Litigation – David has extensive experience in litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Although David prefers to resolve disputes in a collaborative fashion – and do so prior to litigation arising – he recognizes the need to aggressively protect his clients’ interests in court. He has experience in construction disputes, real estate disputes, sophisticated insurance coverage disputes, and general business disputes.
- Real Estate – David represents buyers and sellers of both residential and commercial real estate. David understands the stress that comes with buying or selling a property. He drafts and negotiates purchase agreements and handles real estate closings with a goal towards alleviating client stress and closing the transaction smoothly.
- Corporate Law – David advises entrepreneurs, startups, and established companies on business formation, corporate governance, and the negotiation of commercial agreements. David has experience as general counsel of a closely-held corporation, handling its day-to-day legal needs and regularly advising its president and business units on the legal ramifications of corporate actions.
David is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, where he was the Chair of the Construction Law and Mechanics Lien Subcommittee for the 2014-15 year. He previously acted as Vice Chair and Case Notes Reporter of the Subcommittee.
David has authored and co-authored articles, book chapters and other publications relating to construction law and litigation, including the “Trial Practice: Pleading Practice” chapter for the 2010 edition of IICLE’s Mechanics Liens in Illinois.
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Washington University, 2004
- S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan